These are the largest and most organised open water swim training groups in New Zealand, with up to 130 swimmers & 6 coaches on deck every Saturday over the 3x different time-slots.
Our skilled and friendly team are experts at helping you learn to stay relaxed in the ocean, refine your skills, they're motivational, plus they will push you harder than you will on your own.
1) 20x OceanClinics running almost every Saturday in Summer (Oct to Mar)
2) 8 levels of skill/speed are catered for - 3x Beginners, 3x Intermediate & 2x Advanced
3) Every clinic timeslot has 2-6 national class swimmers to teach, coach, guide, and push you
4) Locations are conveniently set at Auckland's eastern beaches - Mission Bay, Kohi, St Heliers
5) Cheap - if you enter before mid Aug eh average clinic price is under $13
NOTE - our next planned season is in 2020-21, ie we are having a summer off which will be our first in 16 years. We'd like to say thanks for all your support so far but we'll back next summer to keep you on your toes and training hard for the open water season
Times & Levels
20x Saturdays in Summer
Dates planned this year are listed below and cover almost every weekend throughout Summer. The first OceanClinic starts mid October and runs until late March.
Oct : TBA
Nov : TBA
Dec : TBA
Jan : TBA
Feb : TBA
Mar : TBA
Note - after 16 seasons we're having our first summer off. But we'll be back again next season.
VENUES listed on this page
Faster than 1min 45 for 10x100m with R20 :
Hard and/or long structured training workouts
Main Focus = Fitness and Strength through
motivating coached workouts with others. You
can expect some hard and some long sessions
Faster than 2.30 per 100m & 600m non-stop :
Varied workouts coached for Tech & Fitness
Main Focus = learning or improving technique
while building endurance to increase speed.
You can expect a mix of technique & distance.
Minimum of 150m non-stop Freestyle :
Confidence and skill based teaching sessions
Main Focus = relaxed breathing with correct
body position and long slow strokes to help
improve confidence & build nonstop distance.